I forgot to mention that R was also evaluated by an OT and PT. He automatically qualifies through Babies Can't Wait b/c of his acondroplasia. As of right now he is only being monitored b/c he is showing no delays in development-these are physical delays not mental. Which is wonderful and we are grateful but the delays will probably be in our future. Many babies show delays in crawling and walking, so right now we just have to wait and see.
In the past I have made comments to K regarding how God chose our home for R. I guess in hopes that she will feel the importance of her role in R's life. Well, it must have stuck b/c she tells me often that God chose the right home for R. In the beginning people told us that God could not have picked a better home for R and I must admit it did not bring much comfort. But now seeing my children, our families, and friends love him and accept him I do feel that He has a perfect plan for our R and an amazing journey it will be.

3 comments:
Aw, this made me cry. R definitely is in the best family and he certainly is loved by all! xoxoxo
kristen, i just read your two updates on russell. they brought tears to my eyes. you are such a good mom. {kudos to brian too} thank you for taking the time to write all of this out...we are all praying for R and it helps so much to know where everything stands. i love you all! and can't wait to see you tomorrow!
As with all my nieces and nephews I can't wait to see who the grow up to be. R is a charmer already and I can't wait to see how his personality and the gift that God has given us develops over the years. The picture is pretty funny if I could draw thought bubbles they would be "What's up Russ?", Patrick. "Hey Pat Dawg!", Russell as he gives a fist bump.
Post a Comment