Friday, October 02, 2009

Answered Prayers


Sorry for the belated post, but we have been enjoying no doctor visits and just enjoying our baby. After meeting with ped. neuro., he felt that at this time Russell does not need surgery. He has some intrusion at his C1 but there is still adequate room for his spine at this time. This will have to monitored and watched closely. We have to go back in December for xrays of his lower back which is bowing out. This is another common problem with achondroplasia babies. We will also have another sleep study done hopefully in December. So thank you to all of you that are out there praying for us. I cannot even describe the joy, relief, and excitement we felt when we left that office and we were not told we needed to see another specialist!!! I realized as I left that it seemed like we had been holding our breathe for the past 4 months. So we have no scheduled doctor appointments till NOVEMBER!!!!! I have rarely even looked at my calendar these past few weeks b/c I don't have to juggle all the doctor appointments!

I will post some more later about what we have been up to lately. We went to meet Brian for lunch and then had friends over for dinner so I am tired and ready for bed.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

great post. love this pic. :)

The Holdens said...

Kristen, they are all so precious! It looks like you have gotten some great pics of your crew. Glad to hear you have had a little breather from the Doctors and that Russell doesn't need surgery. We will keep praying for you guys. Hope I get to see you sometime soon!
Mara

Tiffany said...

What wonderful news. That is a great photo of your little ones!